- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces calves’ liver
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon each: salt and ground black pepper
- 2 large red or yellow bell peppers or one of each color
- 1 medium cucumber
- 8 thin slices French bread baguette, toasted
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté 5 minutes. Cut liver into 1-inch pieces and add to skillet. Sauté 5 minutes or until liver is barely pink in center. Remove from heat and let cool 5 minutes.
Place the mixture into a food processor and add the remaining tablespoon olive oil, thyme, vinegar, salt and pepper. Process until fairly smooth. Transfer to a decorative crock and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
Meanwhile, stem, seed and cut each bell pepper into 8 chunks. Use the tines of a fork to scrape down sides of cucumber. Cut cucumber crosswise into 16 slices. Serve pâté with vegetables and bread.
Makes 8 servings.
- Calories from fat:50g
- Total fat:6g
- Saturated fat:1g
- Unsaturated fat:3g