- 2 tablespoons each: balsamic vinegar and Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound well-trimmed beef top sirloin steak cut 1-inch thick
- 11 each: large red bell pepper and yellow or green bell pepper
- 1 large zucchini squash
- 1 small red onion or sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
In a medium bowl, combine vinegar, mustard, oil, pepper flakes and salt and mix well. Cut steak into 1 x 1-1/4-inch chunks and transfer to the bowl. Toss well, cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours.
Cut bell peppers into 1-inch chunks. Trim zucchini and cut crosswise into 3/4-inch thick slices. Cut red onion into 1-inch pieces.
Prepare grill to medium-high heat. Alternately thread steak and vegetables onto 4 long metal skewers. Brush any leftover mustard mixture from the bowl over the vegetables.
Grill 5 minutes per side for medium-cooked steak. Garnish the cooked kabobs with basil. Makes 4 servings.
- Calories from fat:60g
- Total fat:7g
- Saturated fat:2g
- Unsaturated fat:4g