- 4 ounces high fiber thin spaghetti, such as Barilla brand
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 8 ounces well-trimmed pork tenderloin
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon shredded fresh ginger root
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 each: large red and yellow bell pepper, cut into short, thin strips
- 8 ounces fresh bok choy, preferably baby bok choy, sliced
- 1/2 cup unsalted chicken broth or stock
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro or thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup unsalted dry roasted cashews
Cook spaghetti without salt according to package directions. Drain and return to same saucepan. Add sesame oil and toss well. Set aside.
Meanwhile, cut pork crosswise into 1/4-inch slices. Cut each slice in half. Toss the pork with the soy sauce, garlic, ginger root and pepper flakes. Set aside.
Heat vegetable oil in a 12-inch deep sauté pan over medium high heat. Add bell peppers and stir-fry 4 minutes. Add pork mixture and bok choy. Stir-fry 3 minutes (pork will be pink in center). Add broth and cook 2 minutes. Add spaghetti, mix well and heat through. Transfer to serving plates and top with cilantro and cashews. Makes 4 servings.
- Calories from fat:110g
- Total fat:13g
- Saturated fat:2g
- Unsaturated fat:5g