- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups unsalted chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup red lentils
- 6 ounces fully cooked spicy turkey sausage, such as Andouille, thinly sliced
- 1 (1 pound) well trimmed petite beef tender steak(s) (also called chuck mock tender steak)
- 2 cups packed chopped Swiss chard
- 2 tablespoons shredded Asiago or Parmesan cheese
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté 4 minutes. Add mushrooms and sauté 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Stir in broth, water and lentils. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until lentils are tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Stir in sausage and Swiss chard and simmer 5 minutes or until heated through.
Ladle into shallow bowls and top with the cheese. Makes 4 servings.
- Calories from fat:90g
- Total fat:10g
- Saturated fat:3g
- Unsaturated fat:2g