- 14 ounces extra firm light tofu
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon vegetable or canola oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into short, thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 ounces lean ground pork
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded ginger root
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or hot chili oil
- 1 cup packed chopped kale
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
Heat oven to 450 F. Drain the tofu and cut into four equal slabs. Press with paper towels to absorb excess moisture and place on a non-stick rimmed baking sheet. Brush 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce evenly over the tofu. Bake for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper and garlic and stir-fry 5 minutes. Add pork, ginger and pepper flakes. Stir-fry until pork is no longer pink, about 3 minutes. Stir in kale and stir-fry 2 minutes.
Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce. Place the baked tofu onto four serving plates and top with the pork sauce. Garnish with sesame seeds.
Makes 4 servings.
- Calories from fat:60g
- Total fat:7g
- Saturated fat:2g
- Unsaturated fat:3g